It's time for Day 1 & 2, again!

  So, my wonderful mentor posted that she wanted to do a Fit For The Fright Challenge. The name came from another group member, as it's in time to get us ready for our Halloween costumes. Seeing as how I've gained a little weight back, I didn't think this would be the worse of ideas.

  Of course, I have to start the challenge with a whopping cold. Oh goody. A bonus of having a cold is that I don't feel terribly hungry most of the time. I have a super crazy schedule so it's not exactly easy to get in the exercise I should be getting in.

  For example, yesterday, I was up at 7:30am, headed to job #1 from 10:30-2pm. Then I headed to my next job. The shift was from 3-11pm and then it takes a fair amount of time to get home on the bus. I didn't make it through the shift at my other job. I was already losing my voice and working the register it went completely. Then whenever I tried to talk, I would start coughing. Not a good thing to do when working the register. 

  I hate leaving work sick. I hate calling out. It's not something I want to do. Today, however, I chose to stay home and rest and try and get better. I'm feeling better, but my voice isn't back to 100%. Pending how I sound in the morning, I may be at home again tomorrow. I don't like that a bit, but luckily I have some sick time so I'm not losing money.

  I did well for Day 1 & Day 2. Being sick isn't easy. Keeping things spaced out when you're trying to sleep a lot, not super easy, but I've managed to do the best I can and not eat super unhealthy. I did have soup with some crackers today, but they were within my calorie range and they are actually "healthy" as soup and crackers go.

  The one thing that might not entirely be on target is all the tea with honey and throat lozenges that I have consumed. This is a necessity for being sick and I figure as long as I stick to plan and eat well otherwise it shouldn't affect me too much overall.

  For anyone curious, starting weight is 175.6lbs. Measurements are as follows: Chest 44in, Waist 33in, Hips 44.5 in, and Thighs 26.5in. I am not sure I have an ideal goal for the end of this. I just really want to get back into the habits that I was in and keep them going again. I feel that this will probably be an on going effort and cycle and I can live with that. 

  Last time, I used the paper journal they send with the challenge to document everything. It wasn't included in my order this time for some reason. I've been using the app and I have to say I find it severely lacking in user friendliness. I've been making notes of the issues and plan on seeing if there's someone to contact about it. Well, it's off to bed for more rest and will hopefully feel better in the morning. 


Wrap Up

  So, I figured since I posted my before and after photos that I should probably say something here. My challenge was over a few days ago. I haven't eaten perfectly since and I don't plan on being perfect all the time. I did gain about two pounds back by the end of the challenge due to being sick and stress. 

  I know you're probably sick of hearing me talk about my feminine times, but I don't think you can underestimate the effect that it can have on a woman's body. Stress has made my period come two weeks early. This in turn doesn't help with bloating and my mood. It's a huge struggle. Not working out didn't help either, but I started back up challenges yesterday. I will be starting my running again soon as well.

  My journey is far from over. Over the 24-days, I lost 5 lbs (gained 2 back) and lost about 5inches. I went from a 44in bust to a 42in. 31in waist to 30in. 44in hips to 43in. 25in thighs to 24.5in. I was extremely surprised with the change in measurements. I don't usually have changes in my hips and thighs. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm sure the working out on top of everything helped quite a lot.

  You can say it was me over the products, but honestly, its the combination. I couldn't have done this without my amazing mentor. I love you so much already. You have helped me more than you know and I can't wait to see what the future brings. The team I'm now a part of can only help me get further. The pills that help cravings and the energy to keep me going are the best. I'm not going to change what works.

  I have put my photos at the bottom. I'm hoping to see even more changes. It's not about the number on the scale for me. It's about how I feel and how comfortable I am. I am not quite where I want to be. It's a journey. I'm sure there will be more fluctuations, but that's a part of life and I'm not going to let it get me down. If you put your mind to it you can do anything. That doesn't make it easier, but you can do it.


Day 22

  Well, there's nothing terribly exciting to report about today. I slept for about 9 hours last night. Got up, was feeling better and headed over to work from 10am-6pm. I worked at the Demo Station and tried a little. There was a nice banquet put together in the break room and I had a piece of cheese and some meat to see if my stomach might be able to handle going back to my routine and the answer was a resounding no. (To clarify, I wasn't actually sick, but stomach wasn't happy.)

  My stomach is still not 100%, but fairly sure that's because stress levels haven't normalized and probably need more than one day on soup and crackers. I don't think soup and crackers will undo all my hard work, but if I don't listen to my body then it's just going to get worse. 

  So, with nothing special to report other than I had more soup and crackers and more relaxing and a full day of work, I'm off to bed for a new day of work tomorrow. 

Day 21

  Well today has been quite the adventure. It didn't really go to plan at all. Sometimes days don't. I went to work at 6am. I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. Adjusting to staying in my friend's place. It's not their fault. Their bed is super comfy. I'm just letting my stress from my personal life get too involved. 

  Your body has its own way of telling you when to slow down. You need to listen. My body will make me physically sick on occasion to slow me down. That's what happened today. I'm not actually sick sick, but I'm emotionally drained and with working a lot and not sleeping well recently, my body made me sick so that I would slow down.

  I got to work and wasn't feeling well. I made it through about two hours and the feeling sick to my stomach just wouldn't go away. I absolutely hate having to go home from work. The minute I told my boss, I was sick, so it's probably good that I did. I came back and have been napping and eating crackers all day. I'm feeling better and am going to crash out shortly.

  What I really need is a nice neck and shoulder massage, a nice bath and if possible someone to cuddle with. The third one will be the kicker, so I'll just settle for one of my stuffed animals. That's why I have them after all and I have miss Rosie too. I haven't worked out in three days now and this kinda sucks. I like the energy that it gives me and that it makes me feel better. I do know that when my body is telling me to slow down I should listen. Well, I listened and I hope that I feel better for my shift tomorrow.

Day 20

  Well, I had plenty of rest last night. Somehow that leads to being absolutely groggy today. Not sure how that's fair exactly. Why do kids wake up refreshed with tons of energy, but as an adult you are wiped out the next day and your body still needs a day to recover?

  Right now, I am relaxing and watching Zootopia for the goodness knows what time. I am dog sitting and house sitting for a friend while they have a nice trip. I appreciate so much that my friends trust me enough and think highly enough of me to take care of their children and their pets. 

  Apparently it was remiss of me yesterday not to mention the fact that I spent most of my day playing with Play-Doh and making a nose for Olaf. Today it took me an hour or two at work to become alert, even with my energy powder and coffee to get me going. Hopefully that is not the case tomorrow.

  I didn't quite get to my dinner on time and that made me not feel so great on the way home. I'm doing just fine though and will make sure to meal prep tonight; since, I have an early morning and long day tomorrow. I am 100% NOT complaining about a full work day. I enjoy both my jobs. I love the grocery store and the candy store has been in my life for 4.5 years. Not sure what I would do without it. 

  I am taking this week off from the candy store because of the dog sitting. Don't want the pup alone for longer than she needs to be. I was going to try and do my challenges today when I got back, but my stomach was feeling rough. I ate dinner and that helped a bit, but now it's just relaxing and still feeling a little rough. I've been told by my mentor and a friend to listen to my body. Ok. Ok. Message received. 

  Well, I think I might actually go cook my burger for tomorrow and put together what I need and get to bed. Certainly an early night, but probably for the best. I can't believe it's Day 20. Crazy. I'm feeling so much better. I'm going to keep up the good work after. I love that it seems my love handles have disappeared.